Expressions of Interest - Construction of New Rural Houses
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSTRUCTION OF NEW RURAL HOUSES
The Fijian Government invites expressions of interest from reputable construction firms for construction based on pre-designed standard houses (7.2m x 4.8m) with attached toilet, bathroom and wash area (2.9m x 2.2m) classified as the Rural Housing Scheme 2 Design by the Ministry of Rural and Maritime Development and National Disaster Management. Other designs may be suggested but must be of an equivalent standard to the Rural Housing Scheme 2 Design.
The scope of works will include general construction of new houses as per the approved designs with tentative bill of quantities for the affected locations from Tropical Cyclone Winston. The contractor will be required to mobilise as soon as approval is given to the contractor.
Following the current assessments, specific locations and the number of units in each location will be provided.
Interested contractors must submit the following:
1. Detailed company or firm profile
2. Copies of relevant business registrations, certificates and licences, including evidence of FNPF and tax compliance (if applicable)
3. Last two years of certified financial reports (audited reports if available)
4. Current resource capability
5. Experience – significant past projects, including work at remote locations
6. Cost breakdowns – separate allocation for labour, accommodation, wages and administration costs for each house
7. Contractors must also state bargaining leverage if more than 5, 10 or more houses are required to be built at a single location
Contractors will be selected based on task appreciation, ability to mobilise quickly, relevant experience, past performance, proposed personnel and financial capacity. The relevant documents pertaining to the building designs can be uplifted from the Offices of the respective Commissioners or from the Ministry of Rural and Maritime Development and National Disaster Management, Level 2, Knolly Plaza, off Knolly Street, Suva between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm from Monday to Friday.
All written expressions of interest are to be clearly marked “CONFIDENTIAL – Construction of New Rural Houses” and
Posted to: The Ministry of Finance
P.O. Box 2212, Government Buildings
Or hand delivered to: The Ministry of Finance
4th Floor, Ro Lalabalavu House
Emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 15.30 hours (Fijian Standard Time) on 4 March 2016. Late submissions will not be considered.
For further clarifications on this expression of interest, please contact Mr Joji Waqamailau at email@example.com or Mr Intaz Shah at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +679 331 3400 or +679 322 1196 or +679 331 3411 or mobile +679 990 4138.
Inia Batikoto Seruiratu
MINISTER FOR AGRICULTURE, RURAL AND MARITIME DEVELOPMENT AND NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT